- - - - S k e t c h b o o k - - - A s s i g n m e n t - - -
*Teaching Points: Rhythm, repetition, angle,
direction, pos/neg shapes, composition
*Courtesy of Ande Cook,
Atlanta, and School Arts Magazine
Unlike the expressive, directional lines are very precise.
Lines should all be the same thickness. These lines look as if they are
bending and overlapping. This is not "free" like expressive lines)
but calculated constant, and even.
- Start anywhere on your paper. Move in a certain direction.
stop and begin in a new direction
- Keep lines in a group the same distance apart.
- Try to go in every direction at least once
- Teacher: Assign as color or B/W
This site is no longer being maintained, but will remain online for the use of educators.